Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Communications team brings the Dropbox story to life and shares it with the world. From product announcements to user stories to speaking engagements, our work takes many forms and reaches diverse, international audiences. We build compelling narratives to help people connect with our product, brand, and vision.
We’re looking for an inspirational and tenured communications leader who thrives in handling a diverse portfolio of Comms opportunities—including corporate, thought-leadership, product, policy, crisis, and security communications. The successful person is a communications expert and big picture thinker with credible media relationships and highly developed skills in media relations. Excellent writing skills, willingness to roll up one's sleeves, high emotional intelligence, and a sense of humor are also required.
As a senior member of the Comms team, you'll be a strong bridge between the US and EMEA, building regionally-specific programs and events, crafting our message to external audiences and creating, leading, and executing programs that reach media partners. In addition, your day-to-day responsibilities will include narrative development, media handling, and supporting spokespeople. You will be a critical partner to teams across the Dropbox family and will advise some of our most senior leaders. This is a highly visible role, and one where you can make a big impact!
- Improve our external communications programs and narratives (including those regarding product, business, policy, security, and culture), together with the broader Communications and Brand Marketing teams
- Deepen relationships with both media and influencers throughout EMEA
- Unify the EMEA and Global Brand Marketing and Communications teams
- Work reciprocally with cross-functional teams to support important company announcements
- Become a trusted advisor to relevant company spokespeople and senior executives
- Serve as a leader and role model for the EMEA region in general
- Lead regional PR Managers across key EMEA markets including UK, France and Germany
- Collaborate with EMEA Policy team with any policy issues that may arise in the region
- Senior leadership skills and extensive strategic communications experience, in-house or agency (preferably both)
- Great communications strategist and skilled writer who can take a sophisticated approach to measuring impact on a regional and global level
- Credible relationships with media as well as strong media relations skills
- Deep industry network, preferably in tech
- Ability to manage multiple agencies across the region, assuring they deliver to a high-standard on time and on budget
- Experience advising and supporting senior executives and gaining their confidence and trust
- Experience running an international team and supporting a public company a plus
- Proven ability to work independently to develop, lead, and execute on large-scale plans and campaigns
- Comfortable making decisions in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the judgement to raise appropriately
- Expertise in issues management, integrated communications, and navigating a global organization
- Serve as an inspiring leader as well as an “in the trenches” teammate
- Frequent travel to support the global Comms team and spokespeople as needed
- High EQ, a “can do” attitude, and embracing of our the Dropbox values, especially, “Be Worthy of Trust” and “We not I”
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).