This article discusses a feature that is available to all Dropbox Professional
and Dropbox Business
If you receive a notification that Smart Sync is experiencing issues, it’s likely that some of the processes required for Smart Sync aren't installed or running properly.
To resolve these issues, try each of the following steps in this order:
- If you use antivirus or security software, add Dropbox to the list of trusted applications (or "whitelist") in that software.
- Quit the Dropbox application on your computer, then reopen the application.
- Restart your computer.
- Re-install Dropbox with admin permissions to fix the issue.
- Check that you have the latest patches and system updates. Windows 7 requires a security update called "KB3033929".
- Check if you're using the HIBUN application on the same computer (there's a known conflict between this app and Smart Sync). If you use HIBUN, uninstall this app and restart your computer to continue using Smart Sync, or contact Hitachi Solutions support.
- Contact Dropbox support.
Notes: You don't need to complete all these steps if one of them resolves the issue.