Collaborate with shared folders
Shared folders allow project teams to stay in sync.
All folders in Dropbox are private by default, but you can make any normal folder a shared folder. When you share a folder, its contents will only be available to Dropbox users you specifically invite. Once a user accepts your invitation, the shared folder appears in their Dropbox, just like it does in yours.
- Shared folders are the best way to collaborate using Dropbox.
- Members of a shared folder can edit and access the same files.
- You can assign some members full edit rights and others view-only access to prevent them from adding, editing, or removing files.
- You can also set access controls to determine if users outside your Dropbox Business team are allowed to join your shared folder.
- You can invite multiple members to a shared folder all at once using groups.