Enhance your Paper docs by adding images, video, and other media directly into the body of your doc. In Paper, you can:
- Arrange media the way you want it
- Embed files from other services into Paper docs
Insert media into Paper docs
You can insert media in a Paper doc in several ways:
- Click into an empty line in your Paper doc, then click the two rectangles icon. Choose a file to add from your computer or from Dropbox.
- Drag a media file from your computer directly into a Paper doc.
- Copy-and-paste a media file or URL.
- In the mobile app, tap the camera icon when editing a doc.
In each case the image automatically appears.
After you insert an image, you can add a caption:
- Click the image to select it.
- Click Write a caption at the bottom of the image.
- Type your caption.
Galleries and image layouts
If you drag or copy-and-paste images beside one another in your doc, the images automatically organize into a gallery view.
You can drag the images around the page to reorder them and they'll resize to fit. Supported image types include .png, .tiff, .jpeg, .gif, and more.
To create a wide-screen image, or to change the orientation of on an image on the page, click the image once and select from the menu that appears.
Note: You can only move or enlarge individual images, not ones that are side-by-side in a gallery.