How do I share and save screenshots with Dropbox?
« Back to Help Center
If you take a lot of screenshots on your computer, use Dropbox to save and share them instantly.
Note: This feature is not available for Linux.
Save and share screenshots
With the latest version of the desktop application installed, take a screenshot using one of these keyboard shortcuts for the Windows operating system:
- Press Print Screen to save the screenshot to your Dropbox.
- Press Ctrl + Print Screen to save the screenshot to your Dropbox and copy a link to the screenshot that you can immediately paste anywhere, such as an email message or a Facebook post. Anyone who clicks on the link will see your screenshot on a preview page on the Dropbox website.
The first time you do this, the application will ask if you want to save screenshots to your Dropbox. Click Save Screenshots to Dropbox.
You can always turn this feature on or off in the application's preferences:
- Click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar.
- Click the gear icon and select Preferences… from the menu.
- Click the Import tab.
- Check or uncheck Share screenshots using Dropbox.
Was this article helpful? Yes No