What happens when I connect a personal and work Dropbox on my devices?
Dropbox Business users and members of a free team can have both a personal and work Dropbox on any computer, mobile device, and on the Dropbox website. This means you can keep your stuff separate and accessible from anywhere.
To get started, you'll need to:
- Connect your personal Dropbox to your work Dropbox
- Sign in to your personal Dropbox and work Dropbox on your devices
Admins: If your team members connect a personal Dropbox to a work account, you will not have admin control over the personal account or have access to team members’ personal data. The account connection feature gives Dropbox Business admins better control over business accounts, as it encourages team members to separate work and personal materials. Learn more below.
Dropbox Business: What happens to bonus space on my personal account when I connect a work account?
If you connect a personal and work Dropbox, any free space earned through referring friends or promotions, or any other bonus Dropbox space, will automatically migrate to your personal account.
For team members
- How do I connect my personal Dropbox and work Dropbox?
- Does connecting my personal Dropbox to my work Dropbox give my admin visibility into my personal Dropbox?
- How do I sign in to my personal Dropbox and work Dropbox on my devices?
- How do photos work in Dropbox Business?
- I'm a Dropbox Business user. How do I move files between my Dropbox accounts?