What happens when I connect a personal and work Dropbox on my devices?
For Dropbox for Business users, you can have both a personal Dropbox and a work Dropbox on any computer or mobile device, as well as on the web. This means you can keep your stuff separate and accessible from anywhere.
To get started, you'll need to:
- Connect your personal Dropbox to your work Dropbox
- Sign in to your personal Dropbox and work Dropbox on your devices
Admins: If your team members connect a personal Dropbox to a work account, you will not have admin control over the personal account or have access to team members’ personal data. The account connection feature gives admins better control over business accounts, as it encourages team members to separate work and personal materials. Learn more below.
What happens to bonus space on my personal account when I connect a Dropbox for Business account?
If you connect a personal and work Dropbox, any free space earned through referring friends or promotions, or any other bonus Dropbox space, will automatically migrate to your personal account.
For team members
- What does it look like to have two Dropboxes on my devices?
- How do I connect my personal Dropbox and work Dropbox?
- Does connecting my personal Dropbox to my work Dropbox give my admin visibility into my personal Dropbox?
- How do I sign in to my personal Dropbox and work Dropbox on my devices?
- How do photos work in Dropbox for Business?
- I'm a Dropbox for Business user. How do I move files between my Dropboxes?