How do I switch between my personal account and my Dropbox for Business account?
« Back to Help Center
Coming soon: Two Dropboxes, available everywhere
Dropbox for Business users will be able to have both a personal Dropbox and a work Dropbox on any device. See our announcement.
If you have a Dropbox for Business account, you can switch between it and a personal account on the Dropbox website without having to sign out and sign in each time.
Switch between accounts
- While signed in to one account, click on your name in the top-right corner of any page.
- Select Switch accounts from the pull-down menu.
- Sign in to your other account (if prompted).
Your browser will show the contents of the Dropbox folder for your other account. You can now use that account as you normally would. To go back to your other account, just select Switch accounts from the pull-down menu again.
How it works
- Only one of your two accounts is active at a time. For example, if you have two web browser tabs or windows showing the Dropbox website, switching to the other account in one window will affect the other window or tab.
- When you sign out, you'll be signed out of both accounts at the same time.
- None of your stuff is automatically shared across accounts when you sign in to both. You can transfer files between accounts by using shared folders, provided your admin allows sharing outside of the team.
- Switching between accounts without signing out is only available on the Dropbox website. It's not currently supported on the Dropbox mobile app or desktop client.
- You'll only be able to switch between a Dropbox for Business account and a personal account, not two personal accounts.
This article refers to a feature unique to Dropbox for Business. Dropbox for Business is designed for projects, groups, and other organizations that want to share the same Dropbox storage quota with all of its members. If you're interested in learning more or want to sign up, visit the Dropbox for Business webpage.
Was this article helpful? Yes No