Administer sharing on my Dropbox Business team
If you're the team admin of a Dropbox Business team, you can control how team members can share with people outside the team.
To access all sharing settings:
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin account.
- Click Admin Console.
- Click Sharing.
The remainder of this article explains the sharing settings you can adjust from the Sharing tab.
Controls for membership settings
- Choose whether team members can share files and folders with people outside the Business team.
- If you allow this, members can decide whether a shared file or folder is team only when they create it.
- Choose whether team members can edit folders that belong to people outside the team.
Be aware that the changes made to shared folder or file membership settings do not apply retroactively.
Controls for shared links
- Choose whether people on your team can share links with people outside the team.
- Choose whether people outside your team can view shared links created by team members.
- If you choose Anyone with the link, a team member who creates a link can decide whether it's accessible to anyone or just the team.
- If you choose Only people on my Dropbox team, a team member who creates a link won't have the option to make it accessible to non-team members. In addition, any previous links that team members have created will no longer be accessible to non-team members.
Controls for file requests
- Choose whether your team members can create file requests from their Dropbox Business account.
- By default, file requests are enabled for new Dropbox Business teams.
- If you disable file requests, no one on the team will be able to create a file request, and any pre-existing file requests will be deactivated.