When you first see the Dropbox badge, a greeting notification appears. To dismiss this notification, you can either click on the badge or complete the "Learn More" tutorial.
Turn it on
You can enable the Dropbox badge from the Dropbox desktop app preferences at any time.
- Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray or menu bar.
- Click the gear icon, and then click Preferences.
From a Windows desktop
From a Mac desktop
- Choose if you'd like to Always show the badge or only show the badge If others present (strongly recommended).
Turn it off
If you'd like to disable the Dropbox badge, you can do so at any time.
- Click the badge, and then click Preferences.
- Choose if you'd like the badge to Always show or only If others present (strongly recommended).
To completely disable the badge, select Never Show from the drop-down menu.