Team admins can convert a team member's Dropbox Business account to an individual account. The team member's work account becomes a Dropbox Basic account that is not connected to your Dropbox Business team.
The team member keeps all shared files and folders they had access to before joining the team, and any private files in their account. You will no longer be able to manage their files.
How to convert a team member to an individual account
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Admin Console.
- Choose the Members tab.
- Click the gear icon next to the name of the person you want to remove.
- Select Delete member.
- Click Convert to individual Dropbox Basic account instead.
- Click Convert account.
- Converting a team member's account is permanent. After the conversion, you will not be able to restore the account or make any changes.
- After converting a team member's account, you can reuse the license they occupied and invite another person to the team.
What is transferred
- All private (not shared) files and folders
- Shared folders the member owns
- Shared folders and files owned by people not on the team
- Shared folders and files owned by the team that you were invited to before joining the team
- Shared links that don’t have team-only permissions
- Files and folders shared directly with the member
- Private unshared Paper docs
- Paper docs shared by external (non-team) users
What is not transferred
- Team folders
- Shared folders owned by other team members you were invited to after joining the team or that have team-only permissions
- Shared folders, files, and links that have team-only permissions
- Team files shared directly with the member, not through shared links
- Membership to groups and folders shared with the member through groups
- Shared links created by the member to team files and folders no longer work
- Shared folder invitations to team content that haven't been accepted no longer work
- The member can no longer use SSO and instead must sign in using a password
- Paper docs shared between member and the team