Enhance your Paper docs by adding images, video, and other media directly into the body of your doc. In Paper, you can:
- Arrange media the way you want it
- Embed files from other services into Paper docs
Insert media into Paper docs
You can insert media in a Paper doc in several ways:
- Hover over text and click the + (plus) icon that appears. Choose to add a file from your computer or from Dropbox.
- Drag a media file from your computer directly into a Paper doc.
- Copy-and-paste a media file or URL.
In each case the image automatically appears.
After you insert an image, you can add a caption:
- Click the image to select it.
- Click Write a caption at the bottom of the image.
- Type your caption.
Galleries and image layouts
If you drag or copy-and-paste images beside one another in your doc, the images automatically organize into a gallery view.
You can drag the images around the page to reorder them and they'll resize to fit. Supported image types include .png, .tiff, .jpeg, .gif, and more.
To create a wide-screen image, or to change the orientation of on an image on the page, click the image once and select from the menu that appears.
Note: You can only move or enlarge individual images, not ones that are side-by-side in a gallery.
Click an image in a doc to open the image lightbox. From the image lightbox, you can:
- View the full size image
- Review, respond to, and resolve comments on the image
- Click between images in the doc
Embed media in docs
Paper supports embedding video and sound files, as well other document types. You can embed them as you would with images: using copy/paste a link, drag a link, or use the + (plus) icon. Currently Paper supports the following media embeds:
- Dropbox files
- Github issues
- Google Docs
- Google Drive
- Google Maps
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides