To update your Dropbox for Salesforce integration to the latest version, please follow the first two steps for installing Dropbox for Salesforce
The Dropbox for Salesforce integration allows teams to access and share their Dropbox files within Salesforce. You must be on a paid Dropbox plan to use the Dropbox for Salesforce integration.
Note: Before you can share links to files using the Dropbox for Salesforce integration with the Get Link button, you must:
- have installed Flash player
- whitelist *.salesforce.com & *.lightning.force.com to allow Flash to work in your browser of choice
How to set up Dropbox for Salesforce
These steps must be completed in order. Click each step for full instructions.
How to uninstall Dropbox for Salesforce
You can uninstall Dropbox for Salesforce at any time. If you have linked Dropbox for Salesforce to page layouts or have created custom Visualforce pages or triggers, those will need to be removed prior to uninstalling.
- Sign in to the Salesforce website.
- Select the Dropbox Options tab in Salesforce.
- Reset Dropbox for Salesforce.
- Sign in to the Dropbox website.
- Delete the Salesforce Documents folder.
- Return to the Salesforce website, and click Setup.
- Under the App section, click Installed Packages.
- Find Dropbox for Salesforce, and click Uninstall.
- Choose whether you'd like to temporarily save a copy of the Dropbox for Salesforce application's data (48 hours)
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and then click Uninstall.