How do I leave a shared folder?
You can leave a shared folder at any time by changing the folder's settings on dropbox.com or deleting the folder. If you change your mind or leave a folder accidentally, you can add it back to your Dropbox later.
Leave a shared folder
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Select the Sharing tab from the sidebar on the left.
- Scroll to the Folders in your Dropbox section.
- Click the Share link to the right of the shared folder.
- Click the the X beside your name.
A pop-up message will ask you to confirm your choice and give you the option to keep a copy of the folder and its files on your hard drive.
Note: If you try to leave a shared folder but you are the folder owner, an error message will appear prompting you to first transfer ownership.
What if I'm not seeing the shared folder options window?
If you'd like to continue using the extension, you may be able to create an exception for Dropbox or add https://www.dropbox.com to a "whitelist." Unfortunately, not all extensions support this functionality.
For Windows users
If you're using a Windows computer, you can leave a shared folder from the Dropbox desktop app.
- Right-click the shared folder.
- Select Shared folder settings....
- Click the Leave folder... button.