How do I remove a link to a file or folder?
Removing a link will immediately disable links to your file or folder. Anyone who tries to use the link will get an error message informing them that the item has been moved or deleted.
The easiest way to remove a link is from the Links page on the Dropbox website.
From the Links page
- Sign in to the Dropbox website.
- Click on Links in the sidebar on the left or click here for a shortcut.
- Click on the "x" to the right of your chosen file or folder.
From the preview page
- Click on the link to the file or folder.
- Click on the gear at the top-right of the page to open the settings menu.
- Select Remove link.
Only the creator of the link can see the Remove link options.
There is no way to re-enable a link once it has been removed. To share a link to your file or folder again, simply create a new link the same way you did before.
For our advanced users
There's currently no way to remove a link from the mobile website or Dropbox mobile apps. To remove a link, visit the Dropbox website from your desktop computer.