Dropbox keeps snapshots of all changes made to files in your Dropbox within the past 30 days (or longer with Extended Version History
or Dropbox Business). You can recover older versions of files, restore deleted files, or undo deletion events.
Return to an older version of a file on dropbox.com
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Right-click the file and select Version history.
- Alternatively, you can click the white space beside your file's name to highlight it, and then click More to reveal the Version history option.
- If you delete the file by accident, click the trash can icon to see all deleted files, right-click the file, and select Restore… In the pop-up window that appears, click View other versions.
- Find the version of the file you'd like to return to.
- Select Restore.
Return to an older version of a file from the Dropbox badge
- Click the Dropbox badge.
- From the pop-out window, click Version history
A browser window opens at dropbox.com with a full list of file revisions for your document. Follow the dropbox.com instructions to return to a older version or restore a file removed by accident.
Show instructions for:
Keep a year of data with Extended Version History
You can upgrade your account to include the Extended Version History feature, which allows you to return to older versions or recover a deleted file at any time within a year of an edit or deletion (effective from the date of purchase). Learn more about Extended Version History.