Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox’s Machine Learning group develops high impact solutions that touch millions of people and a lot of data. From images to documents
in every language, the Dropbox ML team delivers solutions using the full range of ML techniques from computer vision to supervised learning to deep learning to online learning. While some of our algorithms run on mobile devices, others require large clusters on our infrastructure.
As the Machine Learning Engineering Manager, you will lead a hardworking and diverse team of 10+ machine learning engineers, data scientists and software engineers. As part of the Intelligence leadership team, you’ll work with your team and peers y on a variety of cross-functional, high-impact projects. You will be a key part of the ML-specific people processes (hiring, career growth, performance), as well as help build a healthy ML community across Dropbox.
- You will be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers motivated by individual ownership and impact
- You will develop a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Dropbox's values.
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You will set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy with your engineering and product peers
- You will help develop and cultivate a healthy, dynamic “ML community” at Dropbox
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 3+ years of management experience with machine-learning teams. Experience building and growing ML teams.
- Experience building machine-learning applications
- Strong technical grasp of the rapidly shifting AI/ML landscape
- Keen understanding of different profiles in this space (e.g. research scientist, data scientist, ML engineer, etc.)
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).