Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
As the Manager of Accounts Receivable, you will be a key member of the Order to Cash team, leading a global function and reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting.
You will manage the monthly close process, including developing and managing the CFO close package and key metrics in the order to cash function. You will also be a key driver and owner of the Sarbanes Oxley controls and processes. This role will also be responsible for developing and implementing a long term strategy for the team, including identifying and driving cash flow improvements, process improvements, and systems roadmaps and enhancements.
Process Optimization & Reporting
- Manage the month end close process and review month end reconciliation of AR related balance sheet accounts
- Review and periodically update allowance for doubtful accounts calculations and methodology
- Establish and maintain Sarbanes Oxley controls related to receivables, billing, and collections.
- Work directly with sales leadership and deal desk functions to review customer contracts for compliance with ASC 606.
- You will work closely with Revenue Accounting Leads to establish and optimize standardized procedures around customer refunds, cash application, and billing discrepancies to be used utilized in training and department playbooks
- Establish and maintain operating metrics and targets (aged receivables, days sales outstanding, etc) and analytics to identify areas for process improvements and efficiencies, and highlight progress to finance leadership
- Become a customer experience expert to identify areas of improvement in Dropbox Business customer experience and drive solutions for these areas
- Handle operations of the billing and collections teams located in Dublin, Ireland
- Support billing and collections leads in monitoring the status of projects and goals to meet quarterly targets
- Support the Collections Lead in monitoring the status of collections in order to meet quarterly targets.
- Identify and implement strategies to reduce DSO
- Build positive relationships with global sales organization, revenue accounting team and senior management in order to effectively resolve issues and manage customer escalations.
- Work closely with Accounting Department month end close process document relevant SOX internal control narratives and identify key controls
- Respond to internal and external auditor requests during quarter-end and year-end audits
- Chartered Accountant with 5+ years related experience and/or the equivalent combination of training and experience which indicates the ability to do the job.
- Unparalleled analytical skills, ability to develop action plans and follow through to completion
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills; accurate and detail-oriented as well as the ability to communicate effectively with staff at various levels
- Experienced in leading a team and implementing process improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).