Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
As Sr. Director Product Marketing, you will lead a talented team of Product Marketing Managers that manage the core features of Dropbox spanning defining market requirements, assembling our value proposition, and launching new products into the market.
- Build. You’ll hone the vision, focus, and future for a team of high-performing Product Marketers. We’re focused on excelling at customer-centricity, and are doing so by investing in the marketing team that supports our Product teams and their ability to reach customers.
- Define. You’ll help define a company-wide segmentation and guide the team to deeply understand our customers and the industry to influence what Product builds. Your team will understand our customer’s pain points and define a point of view for how to address them. You’ll help us build for the future, with a focus on innovation, not iterations.
- Design. Your team will help re-define modern productivity. You will play a key role in designing impactful launches and crafting messaging for how teams can use Dropbox to collaborate and work better, together.
- Assemble clear definition of customer needs, market trends, and competitive developments
- Drive market segmentation and persona development, ensuring it is built upon primary audience research
- Develop clear and concise product positioning, associated product messaging, and value proposition
- Drive the development of compelling content, including product roadmaps, website, launch content, analyst presentations, and more
- Assess market fit assessment and define future product posture to inform product development and product investments
- Drive clear alignment across stakeholder partners including Product Management, Engineering, Design, Sales, Brand, Communications, and more
- Serve as a strong product advocate for both internal teams and the external market, across events and analyst relations
- Provide leadership and direction to the Product Marketing team including mentoring, coaching, and career development
- Make sure you and the team are having fun and learning a ton!
- 12+ years of leadership experience, with 8+ years in B2B or B2C product marketing, including SaaS companies
- Strong marketing competencies across strategic planning, segmentation, positioning and messaging, content creation, and storytelling
- Experience defining market requirements and assembling customer centric requirements for Product Management teams
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration abilities, ability to manage with influence
- Experience working closely with Product Management, Sales, Engineering, and Communications teams
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling into actionable key takeaways
- Experience managing high performing teams
- Bonus if you have an MBA, but it’s not required
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).