Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
The Revenue Accountant will support the revenue accounting operations and play a key role in the monthly close process. This role contributes collaboratively to ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and internal controls. The Revenue Accountant will report to the Revenue Manager and will help drive process improvement projects as Dropbox continues to grow.
- Key contributor in the monthly and quarterly financial close, ensuring accurate and timely results are delivered to management
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, assist with flux analyses, and contribute to the quarterly financial reporting process
- Develop and document processes and controls, and identify opportunities for streamlining processes and increasing automation to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Work closely and help manage processes with the AR Team in Dublin
- Contribute to revenue reporting analyses presented to the CAO and CFO including monitoring the impact of Fx trends and the allocation of revenue across global regions
- Assist in the design and scaling of revenue accounting, including revenue recognition and deferred revenue related to Dropbox products
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and assist in refining revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements
- Assist with and manage various ad hoc projects as needed
- 1-3 years experience in revenue accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm or a top-tier tech company; CPA a plus
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with Dropbox
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Experience in applying revenue accounting guidance (ASC 606) for SaaS companies a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).