Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
The Global Head of Total Rewards is a global leader within the People Team, working closely with executive leadership, the compensation committee members of our Board, and other internal business leaders to ensure the planning, design, oversight and governance of our plans meet strategic objectives. He or she will cultivate and lead a global team of compensation and benefits professionals and will also:
- Drive Dropbox’s Total Rewards (compensation, benefits, perks) philosophy, design, and program execution for all functions and regions
- Understand industry best practices and lead effective, competitive and fair total rewards programs ensuring market consistency and cost-effectiveness
- Ensure market competitive offer compensation and short/long-term retention strategies to attract and retain top talent
- Lead the team to perform job evaluations, conduct market surveys, collect and analyze market data, and maintain salary survey data; continuously updating our compensation ranges and LTI structure
- Develop recommendations for annual budgeting and planning while maintaining internal and external equity in pay plans
- Accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate HR partners, managers and executives on pay philosophy, policy, and practice. Develop and distribute compensation related materials for executive management and the Compensation Committee
- Execute on compensation planning for the company
You need a minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in total rewards (compensation, benefits, perks) with in depth knowledge of core compensation concepts and standard methodologies in benefits. You will connect all programs to the company’s vision and growth strategy. You should be energized by challenge, be forward thinking and creative, credible as a craft leader, and dedicated to producing high quality work. A strategic leader with sound technical skills, analytical ability, and good judgment. In addition, you should have the following experience/qualifications:
- Senior leadership role in compensation/total rewards at a dynamic, high growth company of similar size, (or as a second-in-command in a larger company)
- Experience with designing and administering global compensation and benefit plans for both employees and executives; experience leading global sales compensation and incentive plans
- Possess the ability to define and solve problems quickly, while maintaining the focus on the broader strategy and philosophy; high degree of comfort in producing analysis and key insights to inform our programs
- Experience working for a public company; ideally direct Compensation Committee experience
- Track record of building and managing strong total rewards teams with a skill for developing talent, mentorship, etc.
- Ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with multiple partners, including executives, line management, his/her peers in human resources, and the broader employee population
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly and comfortably
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).