Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
As a Cash Accountant, you will partner with the broader Accounting Operations team! Providing hands on support to the company’s month end close as well as day to day accounting operations. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with an array of partner functions within the Finance department to support the accounting for current global operations and future global expansion!
- Prepare cash journal entries, monthly bank reconciliations, and assist with analysis of monthly cash activity
- Partner closely cross functionally to collect information and problem solve ahead of deadlines
- Identify improvement areas and work cross with partners across the business to drive process changes to completion
- Gather schedules for external auditors for the financial statement audit process
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and update documentation as necessary
- Create reports and document analysis for management review
- Gain a deep understanding of the Dropbox business model to review and analyze key metrics
- Assist with ad hoc projects and requests as needed
- Proven experience in industry accounting with full-cycle monthly close processes and reconciliation preparation
- Exceptional communication skills and being able to communicate effectively in all directions
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP/IFRS with strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with emphasis for experience with accounting for cash, preferably multi-nationally
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with Dropbox
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Industry experience at a top-tier tech company and familiarity with Oracle Cloud a plus
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).