Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Sales & Channel team shares Dropbox Business with enterprises around the world and helps them understand the power Dropbox offers to teams at scale. We’re a collaborative and empathetic sales team, focused on understanding what businesses need to work better together.
As a Partner Account Manager for Asia Emerging Markets, this new role is passionate about driving new commercial business via forging strategic partner relationships, initiating demand generation activities (with these partners or directly), and also enabling sales closure processes and deployment via partners as necessary.
The initial focus markets will be Taiwan as primary responsibility and Hong Kong + Malaysia as secondary responsibility. You will be these partners key point of contact collaborating with teams across the Dropbox organization in order to ensure the success of Dropbox and our partners.
- Identify, map and motivate key strategic partners in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Malaysia that has strong incumbent customer relationships in the key commercial verticals where we can play to win big. e.g. AEC, media/creatives, (private/tertiary) education, services/retail, manufacturing/logistics etc…
- Lead these partners on the Dropbox selling via multiple techniques: programmatic approach, account-based joint-selling, driving macro engagements at association/policy level to craft future opportunities. This means ability to execute with the partner on a multi-modal engagement role, including mentoring the partners on sales objection handling, CXO conversations, rallying industry executive contacts/relationships and assisting in deal negotiation and closure, as the circumstance might require
- Identify key non-sales decision makers within these partner organisations to initiate relationships and sustain credibility with includes partner pre-sales and architects, marketing and also post-sales delivery staff. This will improve the partners’ Dropbox deployment and services delivery capacity, and thence help them realize the full potential of Dropbox Business, as well as maximise customer-level adoption and activations
- Drive business planning and goal setting processes with partners
- Internally within Dropbox, influence & rally support by working with multi-functional teams (Legal, Finance, Design, Marketing, Product, etc.) to achieve those business objectives
- Strong demonstrate Dropbox available data & analytics to target high propensity users to ensure strong middle of the funnel demand generation, and ongoing leads' generation of users with monetisation proposal
- Drive CXO level customer conversations remotely or on-site in-country to deliver Dropbox value proposition and sales methodology appropriately
- min. 5 years experience driving enterprise/commercial sales via strategic channel partnerships in a reputable software or SaaS company; track record of exceeding ambitious revenue goals/quotas in previous positions helpful
- Strongly preferred: Significant selling experience with/thru partners in key meaningful areas like: workflow design, applications solution, document management and adjacencies, and other SaaS-related deployments
- possess a deep executive relationship with top partners in Taiwan, Hong Kong & Malaysia as plus
- First-hand experience with SaaS indirect sales models a bonus, with proven ability to attract commercial partners to focus more on Dropbox
- As this role is based in SG, but covering Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia, travel is required on a monthly basis, approximately 25-30%
- Language proficiency in Mandarin/Chinese, both written and spoken. Cantonese-speaking language abilities is a strong bonus
- Proactive, innovative and has ability to lead both external (partners) and internal decision makers directly and by influence is needed
- Strong sales discipline and willingness to lead pipeline and internal sales processes which might require admin effort. Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Experience with contracting, negotiating, sales closure, and implementing change management
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about Dropbox, willing to take care of multifaceted learning environment and challenge the perception of partners about Dropbox relevance in enterprise segment
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).