Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
As a client platform engineer within CorpEng’s Workplace Experience Team, you’re on the front-line of Dropbox’s efforts to transform into a more enlightened place to work. As the world moves beyond mandatory work from home Dropbox is taking bold action to embrace Virtual First; a new work from anywhere paradigm. That means our MacBooks — the systems that you administer as our newest client platform engineer — are Dropbox’s new workplace, making what you do the foundation of how we facilitate a new workplace culture at Dropbox.
Your responsibilities will include enhancing the capabilities of a relatively new deployment of Jamf to meet our usability, telemetry, and security needs. This includes defining and implementing the interfaces that different Dropboxers use in their day-to-day computing environment.
- Perform integrations and automation enhancements that make Dropboxer's Macs easier to use for their day-to-day work
- Build and maintain automation systems that minimize KTLO maintenance of macOS and third party applications
- Mentor other Dropboxers within the Workplace Experience Team on core macOS troubleshooting and administration skillsets through onboarding and training programs
- Proactively expand subject mastery by prioritizing continuing education through independent study, educational programs, and conference attendance
- Keep current on Apple and Jamf's latest product developments, capabilities, and bugs, as well as, familiarity with the competitive landscape of tooling for macOS management
- Plan and implement solutions for organizational problems within a company-wide cadence that cascades from annual plan, to quarterly Objective and Key Results, to 2 week sprints
- Assist with researching and reviewing project statements of work by identifing dependencies and prerequisites
- Proactively update management on deadlines, deliverables, and requirements to maintain accurate forecasting as new information is discovered
- Act as the technical lead for projects assigned by management
- Represent the Workplace Experience Team's macOS platform expertise within Dropbox's corporate environment
- Draft and edit documentation as part of project deliverables and keep it up-to-date with current state
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships with other organizations within Dropbox
- Model and promote a can-do, high energy, inclusive workplace that cultivates everyone's talents, strengths, curiosity, and creativity
- Five to eight years experience building, deploying, and utilizing Jamf to manage macOS in large, distributed workplaces
- Certifications in Jamf 300 and 400 or equivalent experience that demonstrates mastery of the knowledge domains covered by those certifications
- Five to eight years of experience shell scripting to automate systems administration workloads
- Five to eight years experience working with web APIs to integrate communications between server services using a programming or scripting language other than the shell. For example, Python, Ruby, or Swift
- Five to eight years experience using source control, such as git, with CI/CD integrations for systems management applications
- Demonstrated experience in system administration beyond macOS, such as Linux, FreeBSD, or Windows server management
- An in-depth understanding of Apple’s MDM protocol and Configuration Profile specifications
- An in-depth understanding of macOS fundamentals, such as, installer and packages, Launch Daemons and Launch Agents, the preferences subsystem, systemextensions, macOS built-in security tooling (endpoint security framework, openBSM, SIP, Xprotect, Gatekeeper, etc), and unified logs
- Excellent presentation and writing skills to both technical and non-technical audiences in a remote environment
- A bachelor's degree in any field of study or equivalent post-secondary experience providing a depth and breadth of reading, writing, and problem solving experience.
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at dropbox.com/jobs/Veterans.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)