Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to simplify the way people work together. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 200,000 companies to safeguard their most important information. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there’s a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
Our Research and Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
Your role and impact
The Dropbox design team is looking for a UX writer to create copy that's straightforward, helpful, and human. You’ll join our small group of UX writers and add to each stage of the product development process—from exploration through implementation. On a typical day, you’ll give and get feedback in design and content critiques, observe user research, and iterate on interface copy.
Writers at Dropbox are always asking "could this be clearer?" and "could this be shorter?" We love working through complex problems and finding a way to get to simple. We’re constantly refining our craft and our process too, shaping the way we work together across disciplines to create a wonderful user experience.
- Write and edit UX copy in the Dropbox voice and tone
- Advocate for users while understanding product and business goals
- Provide feedback on writing and design
- Maintain and develop Dropbox style guides
- Build and scale editorial processes
- 8 years as a professional writer and at least 2 years of UX/UI writing work
- A portfolio of relevant writing work (*please attach samples as a cover letter, or provide a link to your portfolio)
- Experience working with designers, engineers, and product managers
- A gift for giving and receiving feedback with clarity and empathy
- Demonstrated ability to write in a company's voice in different contexts
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at the same time
- Passionate about punctuation and partial to puns (affection for alliteration is optional)
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).