Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
As a UI Engineer/Accessibility you will work principally on delivering and improving the user experience and interface of our products and component libraries, with a focus on improving and addressing accessibility concerns. You will partner with other engineers, managers, product owners to make sure all our shared components and end-user experiences meet the accessibility needs for our web products, and you will ensure our core components remain accessible by delivering the scalable and repeatable tooling that makes this possible.
- Design, implement, debug and maintain world-class user experiences and shareable components
- Collaborate across Engineering teams, building tools, providing testing frameworks and defining processes to help them build and maintain accessible software as easily as possible
- Implement telemetry, instrumentation, and dashboards to track and understand the state of our products’ a11y compliance and enable data-driven decision and troubleshooting
- Partner with Design to ensure a11y concerns are included from the start
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience developing frontend software
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals
- Ability to independently drive complex multi-phase projects, requiring cross-team communication and coordination
- Platform experience building components for web. Cross-platform experience on desktop or mobile is a big plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).