How do I share photos from my Android device?
Whether it’s one quick snapshot or all the photos from a vacation, you can easily share links to photos in your Dropbox. Anyone with the link can view the photos, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
Send links to photos in Dropbox
- Go to your photos by tapping the three horizontal bars in the top left of your screen, or by swiping left to right from the left edge of the screen to pull open the menu.
- From the main menu, tap Photos.
- To begin selecting photos, tap the checkmark icon in the top right corner, or long press on a photo.
- Select the photos you want to share.
- Tap the share icon in the top toolbar.
- Select the way you'd like to share (such as email, text message, or social media), and fill in information as needed.
Want another easy way to share a bunch of photos? Learn how to create photo albums on your Android device.
If you no longer want to share some photos, you can un-share them:
- Select the Albums view at the top of the screen.
- Select the albums or individual photos you want to unshare. Albums will be listed first and individual shared photos will be listed under Other shared photos.
- Tap the unshare icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Tap Unshare in the pop-up message to confirm.
The photos will now be unshared and any existing links to these photos will no longer work. If you want to share the photos again, you'll need to create a new link to them using the steps above.
A note on photo resolution
Dropbox uploads your photos in full resolution. However, when photos are previewed the Dropbox Android app shows a scaled down version for faster loading. If you'd like to view your photos in full resolution, you can export the photo:
- Tap the downward arrow to the right of the file you'd like to export.
- Press Export.
- Select Save to device.
- Choose where you want to export your file.