How do I share photos from my Android device?
Whether it’s one quick snapshot or all the photos from a vacation, you can easily share photos from the Photos tab with a couple taps! Anyone with the link can view the photos, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
- Go to the Photos tab by tapping the picture icon in the top toolbar.
- Select the Camera Uploads view at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the checkmark icon in the top toolbar, or long press on a photo.
- Select the photos you want to share.
- Tap the share icon in the top toolbar.
- Select the way you'd like to share (such as email, text message, or social network), and fill in information as needed.
Want another easy way to share a bunch of photos? Learn how to create photo albums on your Android device.
If you no longer want to share some photos, just take the following steps on the Photos tab:
- Select the Albums view at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the albums or individual photos you want to unshare. Albums will be listed first and individual shared photos will be listed under Other shared photos.
- Tap the unshare icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Tap Unshare in the pop-up message to confirm.
The photos will now be unshared and any existing links to these photos will no longer work. If you want to share the photos again, you'll need to create a new link to them using the steps above.
A note on photo resolution
Dropbox uploads your photos in full resolution. However, when photos are previewed the Dropbox Android app shows a scaled down version for faster loading. If you'd like to view your photos in full resolution, you can export the photo:
- Tap the quick action button (circular button) next to the file name
- Tap More
- Tap Export
- Choose where you want to export your file