What is a Dropbox Business user?
- A user is any person or role on your team with a unique email address. Each team member should have his or her own user license. Users can link their Dropbox accounts to as many of their devices as they'd like (PCs, phones, tablets, etc.) at no additional charge.
How much space does my team get?
- Dropbox Business provides three plans to fit your team’s needs. The Standard plan gives your team 2 TB of shared storage. For teams needing more space, the Advanced and Enterprise plans provide as much space as you need.
What is the difference between Dropbox Business Standard and Dropbox Business Advanced?
- Standard provides teams with 2 TB of storage and simple sharing and collaboration tools. For teams needing more storage and security, Advanced provides as much space as your team needs in addition to sophisticated admin, audit, integration, and security features. Learn more about our plans here.
Why do I need to input my credit card for the free trial?
- We require credit card information for the trial to prevent fraud. But if you cancel before the trial period is over, there won't be any charges.
Can I upgrade my existing Dropbox Basic or Pro account? How does migration work?
- If you already use Dropbox, moving to a Business account is easy! All your content will stay the same – your files will stay where they are, and all your settings (like shared folder relationships and linked devices) will remain the same. For admins, all your team members who already use Dropbox will have that same experience, and anyone without an existing Dropbox account will be prompted to sign up when you send them an invite. For Pro users who switch to Dropbox Business, any remaining credits will be returned as a pro-rated refund to the original payment method.
I'd like to start a trial. What do I need to know to get started?
- No prior knowledge required! But to make sure you’re taking advantage of everything Dropbox Business has to offer, we suggest checking out our admin and user guides. Start your free trial.
Can I share files or folders with Basic/Pro users if I'm on a Business account?
- Absolutely! As long as your team admin permits external sharing, you can share with any Dropbox user, even if they’re not a member of your Dropbox Business team. However, shared folder members who are not on your Business team will be limited by their own storage quotas. So while your team members will have more space to add and edit files in a shared folder, Dropbox Basic or Pro users will be restricted by their personal quota.
Can I have fewer than 5 users on my account?
- The Dropbox Business base package includes 5 users and is not adjustable for fewer users, but you don’t need to use all the licenses right away. In fact, because licenses can be reused and repurposed, many of our customers find it’s useful to reserve any extra licenses for contractors or clients.
How does sharing and collaboration work with Dropbox Business?
- Sharing and collaboration are just as easy with Dropbox Business as they are with Dropbox Basic or Pro. You can add collaborators to shared folders so they always have the most up-to-date versions of files they’re working on together, or you can send a copy of a file or folder instead. Plus, with Dropbox Business, admins can control sharing permissions and see audit logs of sharing activity.
Do you have any discounts for non-profits or educational institutions?
- Yes! Please contact our sales team for more information. To provide the discount, a sales rep will need a copy of your 501(c)3.