256-bit AES & SSL encryption Unlimited file recovery & version history Audits of user activity & sharing Remote wipe & account transfer Priority email & live support
What is a Dropbox for Business user?
- A user is any person or role on your team with a unique email address. Each team member should have his or her own user license. Users can link their Dropbox accounts to as many of their devices as they’d like (PCs, phones, tablets, etc.) at no additional charge.
Can I have fewer than 5 users on my account?
- Yes. The Dropbox for Business base package includes 5 users, but you don’t need to use all the licenses right away. Since licenses can be reused, many of our customers reserve extra licenses for contractors or clients.
Can I upgrade my existing Dropbox Basic or Pro account? How does migration work?
- If you already use Dropbox, upgrading to a Business account is easy. Whether you’re starting up a new Business account yourself or being invited to one, all your content — like files, folders, and settings (including shared folder connections and linked devices) — will remain intact. Pro users who upgrade to Dropbox for Business will receive a refund to their original payment method for any remaining credits on their subscription. Learn more in the Dropbox Guide.
Do you have any discounts for non-profits or educational institutions?
- Yes! Please contact our sales team for more information.
How much space does my team receive?
- Teams start off with 1 TB (1,000 GB) of space per user. If you need more, just let us know.
What is the difference between Dropbox for Business and Dropbox Pro?
- With Dropbox for Business, you get even more security and collaboration features for your team. These additional features include unlimited version history, unlimited deletion recovery, as much space as you need, live support, and a suite of admin controls for better control, visibility, and management. Compare Dropbox for Business and Dropbox Pro here.
Can I share files or folders with Basic/Pro users if I’m on a Business account?
- Absolutely! You can still share files and folders with Dropbox users who aren’t part of your teams Business account, as long as your Dropbox for Business admin has not restricted external sharing. Please note, though, that users outside of your Business account will be limited by their own storage quotas. So while your team will have as much space as it needs, you won’t be able to send a 5 GB file to a Basic 2 GB account, for example.