What is a Dropbox Business user?
- A user is any person or role on your team with a unique email address. Each team member should have his or her own user license. Users can link their Dropbox accounts to as many of their devices as they'd like (PCs, phones, tablets, etc.) at no additional charge.Back to top
How much space does my team get?
- Dropbox Business supplies you with all the space you need. Teams start off with 1 TB (1,000 GB) of space per user. If you need more space, simply contact us through the admin console, and we’ll work with you to accommodate your storage needs at no additional cost.Back to top
What is the difference between Dropbox Business and Dropbox Pro?
- With Dropbox Business, you get even more security and collaboration features for your team. These additional features include unlimited version history, unlimited deletion recovery, as much space as you need, live support, and a suite of admin controls for better control, visibility, and management. Compare Dropbox Business and Dropbox Pro here.Back to top
Why do I need to input my credit card for the free trial?
- We require credit card information for the trial to prevent fraud. But if you cancel before the trial period is over, there won't be any charges.Back to top
Can I upgrade my existing Dropbox Basic or Pro account? How does migration work?
- If you already use Dropbox, moving to a Business account is easy! All your content will stay the same – your files will stay where they are, and all your settings (like shared folder relationships and linked devices) will remain the same. For admins, all your team members who already use Dropbox will have that same experience, and anyone without an existing Dropbox account will be prompted to sign up when you send them an invite. For Pro users who switch to Dropbox Business, any remaining credits will be returned as a pro-rated refund to the original payment method.Back to top
I'd like to start a trial. What do I need to know to get started?
- No prior knowledge required! But to make sure you’re taking advantage of everything Dropbox Business has to offer, we suggest checking out our admin and user guides. Start your free trial.Back to top
Can I share files or folders with Basic/Pro users if I'm on a Business account?
- Absolutely! As long as your team admin permits external sharing, you can share with any Dropbox user, even if they’re not a member of your Dropbox Business team. However, shared folder members who are not on your Business team will be limited by their own storage quotas. So while your team members will have all the space needed to add and edit files in a shared folder, Dropbox Basic or Pro users will be restricted by their personal quota.Back to top
Can I have fewer than 5 users on my account?
- The Dropbox Business base package includes 5 users and is not adjustable for fewer users, but you don’t need to use all the licenses right away. In fact, because licenses can be reused and repurposed, many of our customers find it’s useful to reserve any extra licenses for contractors or clients.Back to top
How does sharing and collaboration work with Dropbox Business?
- Sharing and collaboration are just as easy with Dropbox Business as they are with Dropbox Basic or Pro. You can add collaborators to shared folders so they always have the most up-to-date versions of files they’re working on together, or you can send a copy of a file or folder instead. Plus, with Dropbox Business, admins can control sharing permissions and see audit logs of sharing activity.Back to top
Do you have any discounts for non-profits or educational institutions?
- Yes! Please contact our sales team for more information. To provide the discount, a sales rep will need a copy of your 501(c)3.Back to top